Delmar Animal Hospital cares about the environment! We have been making continuous efforts to reduce our environmental impact.
This is not a new idea for us. In 1983, solar panels were installed on our roof to heat our water year round.
More recently we have:
- Gone to paperless medical record keeping.
- Using digital radiology which reduces usage of film with silver and chemicals to develop the film.
- Recycled and reused non-essential office paper.
- Updated electrical fixtures to more energy efficient models.
- Updated furnace for energy efficiency.
- Changed our electric energy source from predominately fossil fuel to 100% renewable energy (wind and water).
- Substituted office paper for 30% recycled paper and plan on changing to 100% recycled when financially viable.
- Recycled all cardboard boxes and aluminum cans.
- And of course our lawns are naturally fertilized.