Raisin and Grape Toxicity
Raisins and grapes have been, in rare instances, found to be toxic to dog kidneys. It is currently believed that it is not the raisin or grape itself that is the problem, but a type of fungus that is known to grow on them that damages the kidneys.
Xylitol- Sugar-less Sweetener VERY Toxic to Dogs
Xylitol is a sugar-less sweetener that is very useful for human diabetics and in sweetening products for a healthy mouth, but is very dangerous to dogs. Relatively small ingestions, like a piece of gum, can result in significant hypoglycemia and potentially life threatening liver damage to dogs. Please be aware of products containing this sweetener. If you must have it, keep it out of reach of the playful or curious or hungry dog and keep the ASPCA Animal Poison Control number (888) 426-4435 nearby.